It’s true. Being a Jersey Canada member can save you money in animal registrations and transfers. A registered Jersey with proper identification and pedigree information also increases in value. But there is more to being a member. Your membership says that you have a passion for the Jersey breed and you care about the future of dairy farming. It offers you marketing options and the chance to get involved in programs, contests and awards. Membership also means that you are now part of our Jersey family, and whether it's farm tours, meetings, or you are a virtual fan on Facebook, our family likes getting together and talking about cows.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
As gatekeepers of Jersey data and providers of multiple tools and programs, Jersey Canada helps breeders make good decisions. Our services can support your profit model, assess the breeding value of your Jerseys, improve your stock, build on your investment, and develop the breed as a whole.
- Registers, records and transfers ownership of Jersey animals.
- Administers and protects the animal's registered name and the breeder's prefix.
- Facilitates genetic testing and monitors genetic improvment.
- Migrates production, classification and genetic data into each pedigree for a complete picture.
- Provides extended pedigrees of registered Canadian Jerseys.
- Verifies if bulls from another country are considered purebred in Canada.
- Promotes the Jersey breed and its benefits.
- Publishes and distributes the Canadian Jersey Breeder publication globally.
- Provides print and digital marketing options.
- Answers questions about key indicators of breed profitability.
- Highlights successful Jerseys.
- Maintains an up-to-date website.
- Posts show results.
- Comunicates and connects through eNews and social media.
- Distributes Jersey information kits.
- Supports regional Jersey associations across Canada.
- Partners with experts within the agricultural sector.
- Serves internationally through the World Jersey Cattle Bureau.
- Brings the dairy community together to learn, share and network.
- Visits farms and engages with producers.
- Educates new and potential Jersey owners.
- Coordinates farm tours, participates in industry events and attends shows/sales.