ABOUT THE JERSEY CANADA ALL CANADIAN COMPETITION
In its 62nd year (since 1955), the All Canadian contest is a Jersey Canada award program that recognizes top cows in the show circuit. Traditionally these cows enjoy the attention and prestige of being named an All Canadian. Along with their photo and qualifying show placing's, winning and nominated cows are showcased in the February issue of the Canadian Jersey Breeder publication as well as listed on the Jersey Canada website and announced through email and social media channels. For each Class, All Canadian Champions receive an award at the Jersey Canada annual general meeting. The Jersey Canada All Canadian program is proudly sponsored by Agri-Brands Purina.
Stay tuned ... a NEW process for 2018 will be released in early fall.
WHAT IS NEW FOR 2017?
Jersey Canada has worked hard to modernize and streamline the All Canadian Contest for 2017 and it now includes some exciting updates:
- The 2017 All Canadian Contest is now 100% online.
- We are pleased to introduce the Lifetime Component Class.
- Animals must place in the top eight (8) at the National Jersey Show, or place in the top four (4) in at least one qualifying show.
- Respecting provincial and national 4-H Association privacy policies, results for 4-H class entries are now limited to any qualifying 'open show', where the animal is the recognized 4-H project of the participant, as well as 4-H Achievement Day, Western Canadian Classic (WCC) and TD Canadian 4-H Dairy Classic results.
- The Selection Process has been modernized so that a nomination process is no longer required!
- For more details, visit the Help & FAQ section of the contest website.